Friday, March 5, 2010

Still hangin in there

Hello everyone!  It's 2am and I'm at work.  Today (technically yesterday) I woke up and actually felt great.  I was in a good mood, not having any crazy head hunger attacks and I cleaned house and even did the treadmill for the 3rd day in a row.  I was down another half pound too!  I'm really suprised that my physical hunger hasn't been worse than it is.  I mean, I get hungery, but nothing crazy to where I feel sick or anything.  I thought for sure I'd have headaches and stuff, but so far so good.  Like I've said before though, head hunger is a bi*ch!  But as long as I keep myself occupied I'm ok.  I work again tomorrow night (technically tonight), then Saturday night we're supposed to go visit Mike's brother who lives about 45 mins away.  When he mentioned going over there I was like, "well I hope they aren't planning on having us over for dinner, because that would be TORTURE for me!"  So he's going to ask them if they'd like to go bowling or something.  So that should be fun.  Sunday it's supposed to be 60 degrees here (which is fantastic considering it's been like 20-30 for the past forever!)  so I'm hoping Mike and I can go outside to get some exercise.  I want to find a measured trail somewhere.  We have one right behind our house, but I'm not sure how long it is.  We'll have to check it out.  Anyhoo, I better get back to work :)

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Ashli-just found your blog and read through. I loved your comment "Wow, am I really going to get to be normal?" in one of your posts. I felt the same way. I am three weeks post-op and the fluids for two weeks after weren't too bad. I pureed the heck out of almost everything I could find and watered them down. I love my hand held immersion blender by Cuisinart. They told me anything that could be sucked through a straw was classed as a liquid. (Don't use a straw though). I found the first 5-7 days of pre-op liquid protein hard but it got routine after that. Most of us wanted to eat our TV, our kids, our ... whatever.

The other reason I joined as one of your followers is that you are being banded on MY BIRTHDAY-03/15/2010. I'm old but don't act it. And I love my band so far. My surgeon puts in a few ccs of fluid at surgery and the first fill is at 4 weeks (Mar 9th for me). Good luck for the next few days. Will be thinking of you on my birthday! It'll be like a birthday for you too.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I nominated you for an award. See my blog for details.