Sunday, March 7, 2010

So much for exercise today...and maybe tomorrow :(

So I sprained my ankle on my way to the truck to go to the lake trail for our walk/bike thing.  I stepped wrong as I was going out the door and my ankle folded and I heard a big pop and I went down.  I immediately starting crying like a baby, but damn it hurt.  My husband came running and helped me into the house.  He got me to the couch and put my foot up and wrapped it in an ace bandage.  He put ice on it and got me ibuprofen.  He's such a good hubby.  It hurt terribly at first but I think my meds have kicked in and it's feeling better.  However, I just went to the bathroom and that was NOT FUN.  I can't bear any weight on it at all and even with Mike's help, it's very tough to hop all that way.  After a long struggle and a few more tears, I made it there and back.  This just sucks because it is such a nice day and now we just have to sit here.  I told Mike to go ahead and go without me, that I wanted him to enjoy the day, but he said no he's staying here with me.  I really hope it feels better by tomorrow.

6 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

You poor thing! Take it easy!

*~D~* said...

Ouch!! I hope it's feeling soon! I know how you feel as I'm just two hours away and seeing sunshine for what seems like the first time in forever made us want to get out of the house, too!

Janelle said...

Owww.. don't get on it too soon, you have to let it heal otherwise you will be more likely to sprain it again in the future. You should give it at least a week before exercise. :(

Jenny said...

Jeez, I really hope you feel better! If it still hurts tomorrow you should go to the dr and make sure that you didn't break or sprain anything.

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear that I hope it heals fast for you. I sprained mine 3 weeks ago on my wii fit board and I am still having some difficulties with it. When I am on it too long it swells up on me.. Hope it gets better soon..

~ Katie ~ said...

Ouch! So I have a home remedy for that sprain- white bread and vinegar. Do this before going to bed- dip the several pieces of bread in vinegar-any kind (don't saturate, just enough to get it moist) then place those pieces on the injury like a cast. wrap with an ace bandage, and put a sock on it to keep the liquid from getting on your sheets. it stinks, but the pain and swelling will go away. In the morning, you cut it off with scissors because it will be hard. You might have to do it several times but it does work. During high school, one of us 3 kids were always going to bed with this because we were always jamming fingers or spraining something in sports.