Friday, March 26, 2010

I hate thinking of titles sometimes, and today's one of them days.

So, since surgery I'd been feeling a little restriction I think.  I'd get full after about a cup of food.  I'd get hungry again about 2 hours later though.  Well, I think that vanished today.  I'm assuming that's pretty normal since it's probably just from swelling.  It sucks though.  I feel like I want to snack and eat out of boredom again just like before surgery.  I had 1300 calories today.  Which I know is  fine and around what I should be eating but that feels like a ton.  Up until today, I was a little worried about what my fill would do to me considering I was getting full on one cup but now I'm ready!  I want it and need it.  Luckily I only have 6 more days until my appointment.  Hopefully it goes well, and doesn't hurt like a bitch.  With my luck, it will hurt like a bitch, lol.  I feel sorry for people that have to wait 6 weeks.  Man, that would suck!  I'd probably gain weight back for sure if I had to wait that long.

Anyway, I didn't do the treadmill today.  I just don't feel motivated.  I don't know why?  I got what I wanted, I have the Lapband now and I still feel blah.  I think its because the weather is still gray and crappy and my husband and I have been on opposite schedules for 2 weeks.  It just really bums me out.

6 comments:

Fiona said...

Hi Ashli, I am 5 days post op and am starting to feel a little hungry and feeling terrified about that. I think its normal to worry that you are eating too much. They say the only way to judge is by your weight loss. 1-2lb per week means you are doing well.
I think we all expect the band to slove all our problems. I was shocked that I had a band and still had a big butt? What did I think it would go overnight????? I have to wait 6-8 weeks for my first fill so thats a bit scary. I have lost 27lb so far and dont want to gain that back. You have done so well its not surprising you are having a down day. And working shifts is not easy either. Keep up the good work, everyone is with you x

Leslie said...

I've had my bands for 7 months today and I still have those moments where I just want to eat and eat out of boredom. I don't think they'll ever go away, for me at least.

Having a band is still a mental game, it's not easy but I know you can do it! :-)

I had to wait six weeks for my first fill and then I still had swelling so they had trouble finding my port and made me wait an extra month. It was PURE torture. But I can tell you that I still think the band is the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Jenny said...

You're still recovering!! I wouldn't feel motivated yet either. Cut yourself some slack!!k

Janelle said...

I went through the same thing. When I got on solids (22 days post-op), I ate very small portions. I loved it. Then slowly my appetite came back and now I eat completely normal like I did before surgery. I am one of those people who have to wait 6 weeks......... I have been waiting and waiting but next Thursday is my first fill! You got your surgery way after me and you are getting your fill before me! What the heck!

Amanda Kiska said...

I think most of us have felt like this at some point. It is so exciting to get the band and know things are going to change and when it is all done, you realize you're still the same person. And even though we heard it over and over that this is a tool and it isn't magic, I know it is still kind of hard to realize that is true. But now you get to figure out how this will work for you. You get to embrace your own power and see that you really can do it. Remember, the best is YET to come!

Girl Bandit said...

Take it easy and don't beat yourself up about not exercising...you are still recovering.....